In addition to having your knife performance tuned before it ships, you will received a coupon for complimentary re-sharpening of your knife (a $12-$50 value). That is the District Cutlery difference.
Steelport knife company is based in Portland, Oregon and led by knife guru Eytan Zias (founder of Phoenix/Portland Knife House). Their first product hits the ground running hard.
This 8" chef knife is made of forged 52100 high carbon steel with an integral bolster and big leaf maple burl handle.
- Proprietary differential heat treatment to 65 HRC hardness at blade for edge retention and sharpening while maintaining durability at less than 30 HRC along spine
- Integral bolster with a smooth transition to polished spine for a comfortable “pinch grip“ hold
- Full tang construct for ideal balance and added strength
- Tall 2” blade at handle allows for plenty of hand clearance
- Drop hammer forged from a single round billet
- Custom fitted STEELPORT 8″ Knife Oregon Maple Sheath, featuring an internal recessed magnet along the spine.